If you haven’t been keeping up to date with DCS World you may not have seen the live streams that kicked off a couple of weeks ago.
Matt Wagner from Eagle Dynamics has been on twitch livestreaming the latest test builds of DCS World 2.
A few things of note:
- The lighting and shadow systems are vastly improved
- Framerates perform nicely at higher detail with SLI and Crossfire support
- Urban trees are collidable
- You can see the curvature of the earth
- Smoke and vapor looks amazing
- Map mesh sizes are very detailed in some areas
It’s not out due to performance and stability issues and missing features. Some textures aren’t done, it crashes, the AI has some pathing issues and the new air traffic control systems don’t work.
We won’t have a live stream next weekend but for the following week Matt will see give us a livestream in the old Black Sea map.
Categories: Digital Combat Simulation