Eagle Dynamics and Belsimtek have released the eagerly awaited 1.2.4 patch and first 3rd party addon: the UH-1H Huey. The UH-1H is a well known airframe here in New Zealand. We’re only just replacing them now, after 50 years of service. t
There are some known bugs in this World release so we are expecting a 22.214.171.124 after not too much of a wait. Issues include some users reporting crashes when adding targets to Combined Arms.
Flaming Cliffs 3 now comes out of beta and into full release. This includes several new 6DOF cockpits. It’s not yet clear whether the missile flight models are working fully as intended or whether the A-10A features an AFM.
Also of note is the inclusion of a FW-190D AI adversary for the P-51D. ED seem to have committed to providing more WWII content over the years to come to flesh out DCS: World as a multi era platform.
Note that at the time of writing the Auto-Updater is bottlenecked by lack of bandwidth. The torrent download of the whole DCS: World is by far a better option at this stage.
Read the notes below for more!
DCS 1.2.4 Available
Today we are happy to make available version 1.2.4 of DCS World and updates to several DCS modules.
Download installer files here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co…roduct&lang=en
– or –
Use Auto Updater. To force an auto update, from the Start menu, select Eagle Dynamics – DCS World – Update DCS world
In addition to many new features and fixes, 1.2.4 adds support to the new DCS: UH-1H Huey module.
• AI Fw-190D9 with multiple skins.
• Graphical User Interface. New skin panels.
• Graphical User Interface. New Module Manager.
• Flaming Cliffs 3. New Six Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) cockpits for the Su-25, Su-27 and A-10A.
• Flaming Cliffs 3. Added vertical adjustments to the Su-25 gunsight for bomb, rocket, and missiles delivery. This includes 10 steps down [RALT – H] and 10 steps up [RSHIFT – H].
• Combined Arms. The radar emission control added. Key [i]. This allows players to operate SAM radars in radar-silent mode.
• Combined Arms. Generic automatic transmission.
• Combined Arms. Axis controls for ground units implemented.
• The Radio Menu F10 option now works in network games.
• New trigger actions: “radio item add for coalition”, “radio item remove for coalition”, “radio item add for group”, and “radio item remove for group”.
• New Mission Editor features:
-Initialization Script Added
-Trigger Action: AI TASK renamed to AI SET TASk
-Trigger Action: AI PUSH TASK added
-Trigger Action: Set Flag Value added
-Trigger Action: Set Internal Cargo added
-Group LUA condition and % chance of appearance added
• Numerous SSE changes and new features. http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page
• Some issues causing the network instability have been fixed.
• The missiles dynamic launch zone or fighters has been adjusted.
• The T-90 tank added in the Encyclopedia.
• Fixed some Mission Editor and GUI crashes.
• Il-76 damage model has been corrected.
• Tail numbers stencil shimmering for the Il-76 model is fixed.
• The standard Russian Air Force MiG-31 skin is fixed.
• In ME airfield info page now includes airfield ATC frequency.
• Fixed ME issue regarding statics.
• Mission debrief. Accounting of released weapons has been corrected.
• Rearming & Refueling Window. The chaff and flare fields can increase countermeasures amount.
• Resource Manager (RM) – Smoke generators being duplicated in RM airbase weapons window has been fixed.
• Resource Manager (RM) – Increased the maximum storage fuel limit to 5,000 tons for each airbase.
• AI A-10 will no longer shoot all Mavericks at a single target.
• Axis assignments will print to input .html file
• ME can’t save file into mods folders has been fixed.
• Pilot skins added to the E-3A.
• The S-5 rocket warhead changed from HE to shaped-charge.
• Corrected valid firing azimuth for FSG “Molniya”.
• New, more accurate, missile dynamics for the SA-19 Tunguska.
• Airfield marks are disappearing after pressing “Cancel” on “Coalitions” window has been fixed.
• Fixed when AI aircraft and vehicles set invisible = true, then set invisible = false, the ground AI vehicles still could not be detected.
• Fixed situation if player sets options to “pilot can control vehicle” and the mission doesn’t have an aircraft, player can’t control units.
• Fixed ME error when clicking a certain area in the track playback menu.
• F10 Radio item or add for coalition ALL has been removed.
• Fixed coalition helicopters unable to take off from aircraft carrier if “takeoff from ramp” condition is selected.
• Rearm and refuel menus have been removed. “Rearm & Refuel” command will now open Mission Resources Dialog.
• CG-60 Normandy will now attack Anti-Ship Missiles (ASM).
• Waypoint actions “Weapon hold” has been fixed.
• Helicopters sinking when they takeoff from an aircraft carrier has been fixed.
• Fixed S-300 launches not being shown in the de-brief.
• The COMM option status will now save in the mission.
• Fixed AI not always attacking targets during intercept task.
• Corrected ROE behavior issues.
• Fixed Tunguska tracking targets through buildings.
• Fixed server crashes, when one client fires an air-to-air missile and other client joins the game.
• Fixed F-16C Bl52d having old (Flanker) icon style on F10 view.
• Fixed incorrect aspect in record video in size 1280*720.
• ME. Some issues with copying, renaming and removing payloads has been fixed.
• Fixed helicopter AI ROE and threat reaction.
• Corrected air to Air ATGM delivery by AI Ka-50s.
• Fixed the inability to respawn if the aircraft flies into the ground.
• Fixed severe framerate drop when looking at destroyed civilian train.
• Fixed the OK button not working when a campaign is finished.
• Fixed crash when rocket collides with ground (fullscreen only).
• Adjusted framerate impact of smoke from burning aircraft.
• Fixed AWACS not performing stop task.
• Improved Sorbcija ECM pod model.
• Improved the ejection model for the A-10A/C and F-15C.
• Corrected scale of F-15C external fuel tanks.
• New skins for the Su-27 and Su-33.
• Improved sounds for several aircraft including the F-15C and Su-27.
DCS: A-10C Warthog
• LITENING TGP masking logic has been restored.
• Corrected MFCD start-up screen wrong color.
• Fixed AI wingman failing to engage target at Player SPI if AI is not aware/in range of target.
• Fixed LASTE Wind Edit data entry.
• Fixed Gun Minimum Range Cue Behavior.
• Fixed HUD Air speed indicator will TAS in GS mode.
• HSI course knob will now rotate the course pointer with or without power.
• Turn Rate Indicator has been calibrated.
• Fixed the CDU Wind Indication Direction being reversed.
• Several A-10 callsigns have been corrected.
DCS: P-51D Mustang
• Escort task added to the P-51D.
• Corrected incorrect fairing door animation.
• Fixed chassis damage after press RAlt+J on the ground.
• Fixed DXrenderer error in dsc.log with serial numbers and pilot textures.
• Fixed demo track ‘takeoff-demo.trk’.
• Fixed error when in-game manual is selected.
• Fixed drop tanks of P-51D are not synchronized in Multiplayer.
Flaming Cliffs 3
• Added kneeboard input to flyable aircraft.
• MiG-29S TWS2 mode is now fixed.
• Added intro image to Su-33 “Sea Dragon” campaign.
• A-10A AOA Indexer now works.
• Corrected some minor issues with new 3D Su-27 model.
• Corrected wingmen maneuvers when turning.
• Fixed wingmen not turning off radar when commanded to do so.
• Fixed Su-27 campaign mission typos.
• Pilots models are now correct.
• Fixed F-15C Fuel Tank Pylon indication on MFD.
• Fixed tanker not filling external F-15C fuel tanks.
• Fixed Su-33 getting stuck near island on the Kuznetsov deck.
• Corrected MiG-29 HUD indications.
DCS: Combined Arms
• Replaced the old generic gun sight with a new one.
• Adjusted some generic HUD symbology.
• Fixed player controlled MLRS reloading troubles.
• Fixed units not resuming previous movement after player takes control.
• Fixed air defense units with HOLD FIRE ROE not going from ALARM STATE RED to ALARM STATE GREEN when commanded.
• Added option for Automatic Transmission in CA Special Options.
• Adjusted the drag factor of Russian AP tank shells.
• Fixed ability to set the Ready state of AI flights.
• Fixed ground unit control HUD compass missing from the wide displays.
• Fixed Alarm State Green for radars revealing radar targets.
• Adjusted M1A2 side armor.
• “F10” view. AI aircraft can now land based on ground force commander commands.
• Fixed night vision only being available off/on outside of binocular view.
• Fixed the Go To command.
• Fixed Chaparral issue of locking targets.
• Axis controls for ground units implemented.
DCS: Black Shark 2
• Corrected missing Ka-50 textures in the some missions.
• Fixed Ka-50 wingman calls “engaging enemy air defenses” while evading incoming missile.
• Fixed Ka-50 training missions showing in training section, as they are only available through the download link.
Categories: Digital Combat Simulation