After Action Report:
U.S Army 75th Btn Rangers, 5 SFG, 160th SOAR.
1-C OCB Lyndiman (Squad Leader)
- Xerxes (Gun)
- Kushluk (Assault)
- Rangers insertion into LZ approx. 1k SE of objective town Kamir
- Conduct movement to and capture of police station
- Patrol and clear the town of Kamir of occupying insurgent forces
- Upon mission start units mounted in MH-47E for transport
- Approach to LZ aborted due to occupying force in the area
- Alternate LZ designated approx 2km to the North East
- Rangers inserted to a cold LZ
- 1-C moved to within 300m of the original LZ
- 1-C identified approximately 30 enemy dismounts
- Targets were engaged and killed at that location
- Quick harbour conducted at original LZ before moving on to Kamir to the North West.
- Approximately 300m into the move a large enemy force of 30 dismounts was located rapidly moving in from the North West.
- At 1-200m an engagement was forced with 1-C setting up another hasty ambush.
- 1-C then completed the move to Kamir with no further contact until the outskirts of town.
- Upon entering the town multiple patrols were engaged and destroyed clearing the right side of the axis of advance alongside 1-B.
- A ZU-23 was heard to the north engaging Sabre (AH-64).
- The ZU-23 was rapidly located and destroyed.
- Kamir was then held against a counter attack until mission end.
- Zero casualties taken by 1-C as a credit to the team members and some great luck.
- Great engagements with hasty ambushes leading to the destruction of a large portion of the enemy occupying the area. Over 300 enemy killed.
- Excellent 1-C team leaders meant I could handle the squad with a hands off approach.
- Enemy spawn locations needed fixing – spawn them far away and move them naturally to a location.
- Helicopter escorts should be flying behind the chooks, not in front.